Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Listlessness v_v

list·less Adjective   /ˈlis(t)lis/ listen
- (of a person or their manner) Lacking energy or enthusiasm
- personified by the emoticon v_v

How does one rid themselves of listlessness?

Simple, get some lists done! ^_^

*bricked* XP

Seriously, getting some lists to line out what you're going to do would greatly improve your motivation~

I waste tons of time everyday rolling around on my bed and lazing around trying to decide what to do next. "Should I wash my clothes? I feel like eating now though." "Maybe I should go downstairs and update my blogs earlier today so I can wake up early tomorrow~ but I wanna watch a few more episodes of this.." "Hmm.. maybe I should take a nap.." and before you know it, I wasted five hours doing nothing much and feeling pretty listless in the end ^^;

Of course, figuring this out is realy really easy. The hard part begins when you actually begin making lists! Most people feel listless to make lists v_v;

Luckily for you, I have three simple tips for making lists;
  1. Decide on the things you have to do and want to do
  2. Allocated time for each thing you're going to do
  3. Stick to the list
Pretty simple, right?

Deciding what you have to do and want to do is pretty self explanatory. The only thing I'd add would be to be sure you're completely honest with yourself (since you're making the list for yourself anyway). Dont get over ambitious and plan to do things that would only put pressure and burden you in the end.

Allocating time for each task is most difficult thing to do for most people, and can only be perfected with experience and proper understanding of oneself ^o^ Knowing your threshold of doing certain chores and how long it takes for you to complete tasks would be good here. I should also add that the time that's allocated should be rough timeframes (like, hours) instead of the the minute or the second (unless you're super OCD, then hats off to you v_v) That way, you avoid from unpredictable things screwing your list up.

As I've always advised in these kinds of posts, being honest to yourself is really the most important thing to monitor in this process. Say you know for a fact that the maximum time you can allocate to studying per day is 1 hour. Then allocate 1 hour to studying and have fun for the rest of the day~ Believe me, starting with comfortable amounts daily will allow your stamina (yes, stamina) to build up and before you know it, 1 hour of studying feels like nothing and you can eventually allocate more time progressively ^^

And finally, stick to the damn list you've made. No point wasting your time making one if you don't actually adhere to it, right? :P

Hope this helps! ^o^/

1 comment: