Sunday, November 28, 2010

I got older?! T_T

So I didn't find a way to revolutionize academic article writing (yet), but I did grow a year older since the last time I posted.

I'd like to say thank you again to all of the people who wished me happy birthday on facebook ^_^ ..though 95.769% of them most probably have no idea this blog exists, so.. er... awkward.

As awkward as that line of appreciation was, what I find more awkward is how I feel that I owe more thanks to facebook than to all those people who actually wished me on facebook.. because lets be honest, if it were not for the little line on the right reminding you it was my birthday...

..I'll not complete that line of thought on record because I'm going to sound so cynical and unappreciative T_T; and I don't mean that.. I'm sorry ;_;

But seriously~ how amazing is facebook? *_* It has turned the cellphone/handphone/telephone obsolete. (This time I want to sound cynical. Ha ha.)

I was freaking surprised when my brother told me his main method of contacting his friends was on facebook. Even though both parties had handphones! And they don't even use those iPhones with super duper internet access. They have to get on their laptops just to check if they got any messages, and these are very important messages that could be (ironically) exchanged much faster through an SMS.

Is it 'a SMS' or 'an SMS', I dunno. Consonant 's', so 'a sms', but it sounds weird when in my head I go 'a ass em ass' :S Yeah, I'm planning to be an English lecturer :D

Sorry, I have this love-hate relationship with social networking websites.. we're seeking professional help on this.

Speaking of social networking websites, has anyone heard of formspring? It looks freaking amazing and can create tons of fun. From what I've seen after poking around, its basically a place where you can make an account and have people throw (anonymous?) questions at you to answer, which pops up on your page. Sounds cool, like a personal FAQ or something :D Thoughts?

Nothing much happened on my brithday, I wasn't supposed to celebrate it anyway, because I'm mourning now :\ I did realize Itallianese's cakes are freaking huge though o_o;

Another blog-like blogpost (heheh) Just trying to get back to speed on posting regularly again :3 Still got tons of work, and sorry khairul, I can't seem to get into the habit of putting pictures in my posts (yet) :P



10 comments:

  1. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! :p though i agree with you that...i've never been able to remember most of my friends' birthdays especially the not so close ones unless fb reminds me. just out of curiousity, do you approve a friend request when some unknown person adds you?

    get a formspring account! another place where i can stalk you. ^^;;;;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe :D Thanks~ I'll get an account once I decide on a name and put a link to it here ^o^

    Hmm.. on approving a friend request.. I rarely accept unknown people >< If they're friends of people that I know then maybe, but I'll ignore them in general :3 unless they're really hawt LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto... i only accept friends that i know... i usually ask them back whether if they know me coz im really bad at remembering people >_<

    and yes if the person trying to add me is hawt, ill add her... exceptional cases... what? rules are meant to be broken =_=

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this behavior applies to pretty much anybody ^o^ it's just whether they'd want to admit it or not :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeay! so i'm not the only one out there. i was having this convo with my cousin, whereby he said it's rude of me not approving his friends. some ppl are just... strange. they add you and make no attempt of talking with you. that kind of defeats the purpose of befriending you in the first place, doesn't it? oh well, maybe my logic is screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah... yeah, there are a few different types of reasons people request to be friends on face book ^^ hey I might as well post a post on it *_* thanks for the idea :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought it's 'an SMS' because S is silent. Like, an hour. Hour = Our = An hour. Herb = Erb = An herb. Honest = Onest = An honest man..

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I've never heard of An herb XD Sorry but that cracks me up XD

    Thank you for helping me create the character Ann Herb, a cute, specky, and reserved librarian girl that's very good in talking but due to her shy nature, nobody, not even her knows about it :O The story ends with her becoming an ace attorney ROFLMAO *smacked*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't laugh Kitsu.. As unheard of as it is, an herb is correct... =w=; The best part is.. I actually noticed it in a game instead of research ^^;; After that, I started paying more attention and voila LOL

    *claps for pity's sake*

    ReplyDelete
  10. really?! OAO Wow~ Thanks for letting me know before I embarrassed myself in front of a classroom :P Hehe ^o^b

    ReplyDelete