Friday, June 24, 2011

WAIT OH YES WAIT A MINUTE MR POSTMAN @O@/

where I talk about ancient childhood memories, postmen, the song Mr Postman, and great music from a simpler time ^_^

So I was reliving my childhood earlier;


Yup, my childhood ^w^ oh gawd I'm showing my age T_T

I grew up listening to the Beatles albums and consistently listened to their songs to sleep almost every night well into my teens..

Needless to say they bring back a lot of memories of my tragic childhood.. flashbacks of a past that I cannot really remember anymore.. *_*

But we're not here to talk about that, no. I really like songs by the Beatles, though :3 They're mostly super catchy and have really nice lyrics~ nice, simple lyrics but still managing to be meaningful in some way.. They remind me of times when things were simpler, less complicated.. :D

Finished listening to the song? ^_^ On one hand, its good that you've listened to the song~ but on the other, if you were reading while listening to the song, you didn't pay attention to it, did you? >:O

You did? Ehehe, sorry about that ^o^; ...eh wait, that means you didn't pay attention to what you were reading! >O< wasted all my effort only! I quit!

*disconnects*

Mm yeah ok so where was I?

So once upon a time, before most of you were born.. or rather, before the interenet was born, one of the main methods of communication were postal letters :D They're pretty much like e-mails.. just infinitely slower and they were done on paper and you needed a person under a company to send them around~

I know right? How laughably inefficient XD

Anyways, due to the long delay between letters sent and replies received, there were tons of love stories that included long waits for messages from loved ones who either died or got killed in action while trying to make the journey to deliver the message.. ..I'm talking about the reply letters v_v not the loved ones.. they were safe far far away sitting in their house waiting for their replies..

So naturally, tons of love songs and stories have been written about waiting for the postman (the ancient equivalent of your gmail, yahoo mail, or hotmail service) to arrive with the letter of your loved one, just like the video I embedded above~

When I was listening to the song and singing along happily full of emotion, it suddenly dawned on me that as soon as one generation from now, kids will listen to this song and have no clue whatsoever what the song could be about @o@;;

Who is this postman? A superhero from the past? Post-man? What is a letter? Letter A? Letter B? @_@ wtf? *googles*

Don't laugh, its not ridiculous.. just the other day I overheard a little kid in the bookshop getting so worked up and surprised that they sold folders in the bookstore; "Look, mommy! ^o^ They sell folders here too! Just like the ones in the computer~ I wonder what kind of files I can fit into it :O"

..of course I made that up, what is this? 2111? Not in a hundred years v_v

Oh well, thats why I wrote this blogpost anyway, so that it might show up one day in a search engine when a poor, misinformed person tries to seek an explanation on this archaic form of communication.. hope this helps ^o^!

3 comments:

  1. Should at least mention my diskette story jugak here... sedih laa

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally forgot about what is the diskette story.. please re-tell @_@

    ReplyDelete
  3. haih... i told you that one day i was so lazy to press ctrl+s on the keyboard (coz maybe i had my left hand to something... no not that ure sick whats wrong with you) i find the save button on microsoft office...

    the button to perform save is the picture of a diskette... and i begin to wonder, do kids nowdays even know what that picture is? some havent even seen a diskette all their lives... then blah blah blah... u told me this story pulak

    tu je

    ReplyDelete